In NBA history, there have been 61 sets of brothers who have played in the league
including Brandon Rush currently of the Golden State Warriors and his older brother,
Kareem Rush. Rush was selected as the 20th pick in the 2002 NBA Draft and ran the
floor with Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neil and the Los Angeles Lakers for two seasons.
During the 2006-07 season, the sharpshooting lefty took his game overseas, where
Rush was named MVP in Lithuania and MVP of the Final Four of theBaltic League.
Los Angeles Lakers (2002-2004), Charlotte Bobcats (2004-2006), (Lithuania) BC Lietuvos Rytas (2006-2007), Indiana Pacers (2007-2008), Philadelphia 76ers
(2008-2009), Los Angeles Clippers (2009-2010)
CAREER HIGHLIGHTS & AWARDS
- LKL All-Star (2007)
- LKL All-Star Game MVP (2007)
- Baltic Basketball League, Final Four MVP (2007)
POST NBA CAREER
After finishing up his playing days in the NBA in 2014, Kareem Rush launched his luxury
fashion, accessory and lifestyle brand Gentlemen Brand.
Kareem Rush is active with his foundation, Rush Forward that targets the L.A. school districts to work with anti-bullying and obesity issues.
- Rush’s younger brother, Brandon Rush, plays for the Golden State Warriors and older brother, JaRon Rush, played college basketball at UCLA.
- Spent 2006 season playing in Lithuania and was named MVP of the 2007 LKL All-Star Game in Lithuania.
- Went on to win Baltic Basketball League championship and was named MVP of the Final Four
- Embarked on R&B singing career in 2010 with the album “Rehabbin R&B” and he single, “Hold You Down”.